St John's Year 13 students achieved grade improvements in this year's A-level results against a background of toughened up courses. Whilst the average grade per entry showed a slight year-on-year increase over the previous year, even more students have achieved the top A or A* grades.
Mildenhall/Minal/Cunetio: Coins from Britain’s largest Roman hoard on display in a first for Wiltshire Museum
Today people get confused as to whether they should call the village east of Marlborough Mildenhall or Minal. There was no such confusion in Roman times - then the important, cross-roads town stretching south of the present village and of the river was called Cunetio.
Savernake Forest poachers: a true tale from the past of a crooked informant & how a miscarriage of justice was overturned
marlborough.news reported on police successes in arresting poachers in Wiltshire...poaching is a crime with a long and intriguing history in the county - and in our area:Last week
marlboroughrising.com website is fully operational with comprehensive details of who's where and when, artists, volunteering and online ticket sales.Marlborough Rising line-up and schedule has now been confirmed with tickets on sale for all performances in each of the four venues across the three days of Friday 7 to Sunday 9 September. Their office is now open at 42 High St, formerly the Smiths Gore premises next door to Rick Stein, who have kindly donated the space. The
At approximately 5.20pm on (Friday) 13 July, a man walked into a boat shed in Honeystreet, and looked around before leaving and then returning a few minutes later and stealing a number of tools including spanners.
More Articles ...
- The 'Ride 100' experience - in Mark's own words.....
- Happy Birthday – The White Horse Bookshop celebrates 75 years!
- Marlborough Academy of Dance and Drama students give sell-out performance at the Wyvern
- Town Council marks retirement of two school leaders
- Plastics Recycling: As from Monday, what you thought could be recycled probably can!
- Marlborough Cricket Club’s Under 11’s are unbeaten
- Poaching: arrests in Wiltshire triple since launch of police's Operation Artemis
- Marlborough Tennis to get money from town's Community Infrastructure Levy revenues
- New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
- Police and Crime Commissioner faces tough questions from town councillors
- Mayor Lisa leads from the from the front at the annual Mayor's XI v Marlborough Cricket Club match at Savernake
- Wiltshire Council is using public health funds for the county's youth grants
- Ready for the rain – when it comes... Ramsbury Primary School’s new rain garden
- Oare burglary - Police appeal for witnesses
- Users get a say in the design and layout of the upgraded Cooper's Meadow Play Area
- Recreational cyclist sets out to ride the 'Ride London' 100 miles challenge for Alzheimer's around the 2012 Olympic course.
- St John’s Year 11 Prom - students celebrate in style
- Preparations to start at Great Bedwyn for introduction of new trains
- Dinosaurs, fossils, rockets and much more at Ramsbury Primary School
- Golf, Tennis? Next Murray or McIlroy? Come and try both on Sunday
- Virtual reality offers a new perspective on Avebury
- Budding artists at Preshute School receive prizes from mayor
- Marlborough meeting discusses Wiltshire Council's options for special schools
- Marlborough cyber security firm picks-up national industry award
- WAYFARING: Celebrating the ancient track across our area of outstanding natural beauty
- Songfest raises money for Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
- Liberté, égalité, fraternité - Vive la Révolution! Ramsbury Primary celebrates Bastille Day
- Great Western Hospital's plan to meet Swindon's huge population growth
- They queued for LitFest tickets to make sure of an audience with David Walliams
- Savernake Forest's ash trees are suffering widely from 'ash dieback' disease
- It’s judgement day for Marlborough in Bloom
- Wiltshire Council's adult care heavily censured by ombudsman after mother's complaint
- Marlborough author's personal story lifts the lid on the daring and accomplishments of a forgotten WWII hero
- ARK eel release day and a reminder to be water smart
- Wednesday: Marlborough LitFest tickets go on sale - including David Walliams' TWO sessions
- NHS at 70 - Happy Birthday from the Great Bedwyn Surgery!
- "Promote your company/product/event here"... & here... & here - Wiltshire Council is getting into advertising
- St John’s Super Sonic Team rocket car blasts into fifth place
- Marlborough LitFest announces an extra appearance by David Walliams - plus The Oldie comes to town with a literary lunch
- All weather track to aid year round fitness at St Michael’s, Aldbourne
- Secrets of Wolfhall revealed in special exhibition
- Katrina rocks and MantonFest walks on sunshine
- Ooh la la… French day at St Francis…magnifique!
- Marlborough Open Studios 2018 begins next weekend
- Flaming June breaks all recent records for rainfall and sunshine
- Lift-off for Marlborough Rising as traders look to become involved
- “Huge debt of gratitude” for departing CEO
- Marlborough's Team Rector, Andrew Studdert-Kennedy to leave in September
- Wild West extravaganza raises funds for Chilton Foliat Primary School
- "But we do have a PCSO!" Marlborough's Councillors lambast Police over lack of presence