The Devizes and District Foodbank which covers the Marlborough, Pewsey and Devizes area has called on candidates for the Devizes Constituency to pledge their support to protect people from hunger. Between April and September this year, the demand for food parcels went up by 44% against the corresponding period last year.
Fine Lines is the latest shop to open in Marlborough’s rejuvenated Hughenden Yard. A family business, the shop specialises in upcycled furniture, Wiltshire crafts, homeware and gifts. The shop is the official stockist of Frenchic Paint for the Marlborough area and has a full range of colours and varieties.
Political warfare and skulduggery appears to have broken out over the selection of a Conservative candidate to stand at the General Election for the very safe Devizes constituency seat. One candidate in particular is now being discussed openly on social media.
Marlborough stopped and fell silent at 11am this morning, the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month - on the centenary of the very first two-minute silence.
'The Wheatsheaf' pub in Chilton Foliat has been awarded Business of the Year at the Food Made Good Awards 2019. The award was presented by Melissa Helmsley in a special ceremony at Troxy in London on November 5.
"Return ticket please - Bedwyn to London & back": new rail timetable sees faster travel but some fares can double in cost
From December 15 people using GWR's Bedwyn to Paddington train services face some major timetable changes - and some devils in the details bring with them stinging fare increases.
Below are a selction of pics from this morning's Remembrance Day Parade, staring in the High Street outside Lloyds Bank, before marching to the Barn Street War Memorial for the ceremony.
James Thomas, Wilding and Barrelhouse to lead Marlborough’s Christmas Lights extravaganza on Friday Nov 22
Christmas in Marlborough officially begins on Friday November 22 with the Christmas Lights Event. The Christmas market will be in full swing from 10 am selling festive gifts, food, mulled wine, cider, hot chocolate and doughnuts. There is a children’s after-school fun-fair and Father Christmas and his elves will be in the Town Hall from 3 pm to 8 pm.
More Articles ...
- Windsor to Nepal - cycling to the roof of the world
- Devizes constituency: uncertainty over Tory selection process
- 'Magnificat' to lead Marlborough Choral Society's Christmas concert
- The Big Forest Find at Savernake Forest
- October in Marlborough was 83 per cent wetter than the 35-year average - we can all believe that!
- Marlborough Big Band’s fund raising concert for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Famara: art inspired fashion – new shop opens in Hughenden Yard
- New florist blooms in Wagon Yard
- Devizes constituency: Conservatives choose six to find a new candidate - and Labour Party candidate is named
- Wiltshire Council updates its logo - and loses its slogan
- OBITUARY: Judy Miles - Bletchley Park de-coder, journalist & Marlborough personality
- Dan's back - now open at The Crown in The Parade
- Rabley Wood View: Consultation programme starts on Monday 28 for the latest application
- FREE PARKING in Marlborough this Saturday
- Happy Birthday, Evelyn - 100 today!
- Marlborough Rugby: Final whistle couldn't come quickly enough as Marlborough hang on for victory over Beaconsfield
- Extinction Rebellion: Marlborough protestor arrested in Whitehall
- The Macmillan bus to bring free cancer support to Marlborough
- Aldbourne Band Retain UK Top 20 Status at National Finals in The Albert Hall
- Aldbourne declares a Climate Emergency
- Expanding financial services firm celebrates 20 years in business
- Wiltshire CCG will be dissolved and merged into a much larger organisation
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Rabley Wood View development: Wiltshire Council planning expert objects to latest design scheme
- St Peter's Church recitals return for a new series - with pianist Yulia Chaplina playing an all Russian programme
- South West in Bloom: glittering Marlborough wins GOLD - and much more besides
- Oare Primary School raises funds for Young Minds
- Rabley Wood View - Clarity of detail in short supply regarding latest Planning Application
- 'Four Million Footsteps' - the story of Bruce Tulloh's epic run across America to be reprinted on 50th anniversary
- Obituary: Peter White 1940-2019
- “From our family to yours” … Movida café, club, studio offers something for all the family
- School transport: when a bus subsidy is cut parental choice comes with a hefty price tag
- Marlborough Rugby: Narrow defeat to league leaders who maintain 100% record
- Brexit: MPs ‘have let us down’ say region’s farmers
- Rotary hoops for Youth Centre
- Celebrating 100 years of Wiltshire libraries with exhibitions and competitions
- GWH is prepared for Brexit - whether it's an in-patient Brexit or an out-patient Brexit
- Free Friday morning 'Pre-Mop Closure' parking on the High Street
- Marlborough Rugby juniors can now train later thanks to grant for new floodlights
- The Who'd A reawakens: Lockeridge pub to reopen on Monday 7 October
- Stimulating new opportunities for Burbage children
- Pets take over from Cars as Pets Corner opens in the former 'Now' Vauxhall showrooms
- Hilliers: A new arrival on Marlborough’s restaurant scene
- Marlborough Rugby: Close run and gritty victory over Wimborne helped by Marlborough players who have risen through the ranks
- September's weather shut the door firmly on summer - with heavy rainfall in the Marlborough area
- Marlborough RFC officially thanks Ramsbury Brewery for their renovation of the Clubhouse bar
- Slow Extinction Rebellion 'funeral march' highlights the speed of impending climate doom
- Three Clinical Commissioning Groups agree to merge - though Wiltshire GPs were not quite so keen
- Marlborough's new Police 'Touch Down Point' in George Lane Car Park officially opens
- St Francis pupils meet bestselling author David Baddiel