Wednesday (19 June) was National Refill Day and it was only fitting that the youngest in society show their elders the way forward in cutting out plastic waste. The youngest pupils at Oare C of E Primary School proved that they have 'got the bottle' to prevent plastic pollution.
Marlborough Youth Football Club success and growth has led to the clairman, Stuart Slater caling for more volunteers.
A popular face from the days of the Marlborough International Jazz Festival will be back on a Marlborough stage on Friday 2 Aug. Jazz Fest favourite Lil' Jimmy Reed will be headlining a blues night at the Town Hall courtesy of Marlborough Arts Association.
Despite the turbulent weather, plenty of locals turned up to Prospect Hospice’s Avebury Rocks Festival on Saturday (June 15) to experience a day of performances from musicians of all ages and many styles.
Free coach transport to the National Armed Forces Day in Salisbury on Saturday 29 June is being offered on a first come, first served basis by Marlborough's branch of the Royal British Legion with support from the Marlborough Area Board.
At last night's meeting of the Planning Committee of Marlborough Town Council (Monday 17 June) three residents - Vera Hamblin, Jackie Gill and Fred Briers handed in a petition of more than 600 signatories requesting that a crossing be installed in the town's busy High Street.
This Saturday, 22 June there will be a Marlborough in Bloom 'bric-a-brac' stall set up outside Superdrug in the High Street between 09:30 and 15:00 to raise funds for this year's entry.
Members of a County Lines gang which supplied drugs to dealers and users in Wiltshire have been jailed for a total of almost 57 years. The gang shipped crack cocaine and heroin to dealers in Swindon and Marlborough for supply to local addicts.
More Articles ...
- St. John’s Academy leads the way in tackling climate change
- Budding journalists at Preshute School learn about Marlborough.news
- Cubs complete challenges at a county activity day at St John's
- Private water supplies: do all households realise the possible danger of nitrate pollution?
- Burglaries at Marlborough coffee shop & jewellers
- ‘Marlborough at War with the King’ – a new book reveals town’s pivotal role in the English Civil War
- John Ruskin's bicentenary: Marlborough conference seeks people to host speakers & visitors
- Registration open for July's Savernake 10k & 3k fun run
- Summer Fair extravaganza raises bumper funds for Kennet Valley School
- Photographs by local wildlife photographer David White to be exhibited in a London gallery
- Well done Claire! Commitment to Zero Carbon Emissions by 2050
- Our changing NHS: how would you shape the future of your local health services?
- Fitting ceremony marks the completion of Ramsbury Airfield project
- She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - and has written a compelling account of her extraordinary victory
- How can GWH cope over the three years it will take to enlarge the hospital?
- The Parade Cinema: initial work to turn the former Chapel into a cinema has started
- Local Olympians complete Snowdonia challenge raising funds for Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Marlborough Town Ladies - ex and current - raise more than £1,200 for Macmillan at a charity match fundraiser
- Marlborough honours Eglantyne Jebb, founder of Save the Children, with a new blue plaque
- Queen's Birthday Honours: BEM for GWH nurse who transformed care of vulnerable people
- D-Day75: wreaths laid at site of Marlborough's US Army hospital - and St Mary's bells rung
- Marlborough’s LitFest raises awareness of the work of Save the Children in its centenary year
- Davis Cup stars to hold coaching session at Marlborough Tennis' official opening
- Ramsbury Airfield Remembrance - this Sunday, 9 June at 11am
- Marlborough Rising: Filling the town with music for all tastes over the weekend of 9-11 August - tickets now on sale
- Dropping a Tonne
- COMPETITION! win a free copy of Marlborough LitFest's Big Town Read: 'The Salt Path'
- Marlborough's weather: May was cool, but together the three months of Spring were warmer than average
- Ramsbury Manor: essential restoration work is underway - a step towards public access to this hidden gem & its art collection
- New blue plaque for Eglantyne Jebb, founder of Save the Children to be unveiled on 7 June
- The changing NHS: just one question - will the NHS survive?
- From grain to glass – Ramsbury products now in a pub near you
- Enjoy the Great Wiltshire Walk in aid of Julia's House
- Claire Perry's Monthly Column
- The changing NHS: Wiltshire Council's role in the county's health services
- Marlborough's youth protest demands action from politicians regarding climate change
- A unique summer of world-class cricket starts this week with the World Cup - can England win it?
- New playground adventures at St Mary’s
- Digging to reveal more about Aldbourne's Band of Brothers
- LITFEST 2019: children's programme revealed - with wizards, naughtiness, magic, bears...Cressida Cowell, David Baddiel, Chris Riddell an' all
- Young Pewsey artists create mural for Vale Community Campus
- Marlborough’s new rector returns to his roots
- A4 Closure: Stuck Truck causes Manton Mayhem
- Getting Paid to Save the Planet
- Heritage board celebrates Ogbourne St Andrew’s ancient landscape
- Marlborough Rugby: Success in Sevens as Compeed 7s win second leg of Secure Trading Super Sevens Series
- Schools out for Climate Change - students to strike on Friday
- Jail for County Lines drugs courier arrested in Marlborough
- Out to Africa - Marlborough to Tanzania – a Marlborough woman follows her dream
- No Vets4pets as much loved Marlborough veterinary surgery closes its doors