The following statement has been issued by the Police and Crime Commissioner:
The Kennet River Dental Practice - the NHS service at the Marlborough surgery - is to cease operating from 31 December 2018. Its contract with NHS England comes to an end - and appointments booked for after that date are cancelled.
The Mop Fair normally lasts between Friday lunchtime and Sunday morning. Above is the whole weekend in less than four minutes, from Friday mid-day when the cars are still on the street through to Sunday morning when the High Street gets back to normal and the fairground environment is just a memory for another year. A larger and slightly better quality version can be seen directly on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkHr2GRbGk&t=48s
Marlborough historian David Du Croz kindly wrote an introduction to Peter Hart's talk for marlborough.news - emphasising the cost of 1918's fighting to men from Marlborough College and from the Parish of St Peter.
Marlborough 36 - 21 Chippenham
Marlborough continued their excellent start to the season with a sixth win in a row and against another local rival, this time Chippenham. The whole Club is enjoying their first ever time in Level Six and every week brings a new challenge and a Club that they've either never faced or not faced in a very long time. As they go into each game, the squad know how much respect every team deserves and the physicality they bring, but are confident in the style of rugby they are trying to play.
On behalf of the Marlborough Town Council Mayor Lisa Farrell was presented with the inaugral Local Council Community Award from Community First at their AGM and Award Ceremony held last night, Thursday 11 October in Devizes.
Ian Tucker - photo above - has been appointed Principal of St. John’s Academy following the promotion of the previous Principal, Nicky Edmondson to head up the Excalibur Academies Trust. He is currently Headteacher of Abbeyfield School in Chippenham.
More Articles ...
- Day out on the canal for the elderly of Bedwyn
- Climate change in Marlborough and the world - the views of two local experts
- ARMISTICE 1918: a special reading of Wilfred Owen's poems & letters exactly one hundred years since he was killed in battle
- New restaurant and bar in former Conservative Club with Shakespearean connections
- A glimmer of hope in the High Street - three new businesses open
- Triple honours for Marlborough in Bloom!
- ‘Lead at Speed’ – purpose and pace in today’s world – a new book from author whose roots are in Marlborough
- Chinese exchange students and their teachers give Marlborough full marks
- Gold again! Marlborough triumphs with another Gold award in the South West in Bloom competition
- Marlborough Rugby: Five out of Five with impressive away victory at Beaconsfield
- GWH is first UK hospital to introduce latest scalp cooling caps to prevent hair loss for cancer patients
- LitFest Review (& news) - Epilogue: Marlborough's favourite winning Booker novel - and LitFest's new chair
- LitFest Reviews - Chapter Six: Jon Stock's writing workshop for the next generation of thriller writers
- Litfest Reviews – Chapter Five: How motorcyclist Lois Pryce found out that “Iran is a nation of extroverts”
- LitFest Reviews - Chapter 4: William Boyd – "I’m a realistic novelist"
- Chapter Three-and-a-half - David Walliams in Marlborough : a ‘totally awesome’ LitFest occasion
- LitFest Reviews - Chapter Three: How Alan Johnson missed out on rock stardom - but his life has been full of music
- DIY SOS project creates new sensory room at Shalbourne’s Dramsdon care home
- LitFest Reviews - Chapter Two: Rose Tremain and Amy Sackville
- Marlborough Youth Football Club and Marlborough Town FC launch a Defibrillator at their Elcot Lane ground
- LitFest Reviews - Chapter One: Michael Symmons Roberts' poetry reading
- 'Improved Access' to GPs: a new scheme to advance primary care - and introducing Wiltshire's GP Alliance
- GPs working together to form the county's first Wiltshire-wide GP Alliance
- Marlborough Tennis serve up a new 'Business 200 Club' to fund tennis in the community
- Walking Football marches up Granham Hill to St John's big sports hall
- A hundred primary school children open Marlborough LitFest with High Street fairy tales
- Opening day of Marlborough LitFest: the Big School Read with Tamsyn Murray
- Wiltshire Council's savings plan comes unstuck
- Schoolchildren to launch 2018 Marlborough LitFest with pop-up fairy tales in the High Street
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough's perfect start continues with victory over Banbury and the weather
- Hockey: Gold medal player Laura Unsworth's visit to inspire Marlborough Hockey Club's teeming teams of juniors
- The Man Booker Prize is 50 years old - you can help choose the best ever winner at Marlborough LitFest
- Tourism: the Great West Way is already being marketed by international travel agents
- 'Englisches Frühstück' in Westphalia, courtesy of Marlborough's Sumblers butchers
- Modern Slavery: Two arrested in a High Street Nail Bar following proactive patrols by Police
- Author William Boyd at the Marlborough LitFest: his reading list gives extra context to his new novel
- Why leave the bus diesel engine idling when stopped at a main bus stop for a long time? Turning off is easy
- Marlborough Rugby: Three out of three for impressive Marlborough away at Wimborne
- Not just going for gold, but gaining platinum - Ramsbury Primary wins two sports awards
- Chance for Marlborough businesses to check out the new tourist route - The Great West Way
- Have motorcycle - will travel - & write about it : after her ride around Iran, Lois Pryce comes to Marlborough LitFest
- There's another White Horse in town - the WhiteHorse CrossFit gym can keep you fit
- Analysis: Tottenham House development - a win-win decision for Wiltshire Council
- Rowdeford closure proposal: Marlborough Councillors express unanimous support for parents of children at the threatened school
- Marlborough Rugby: Resounding victory against fellow promoted side
- Vietnam War - here Julian Pettifer tells how it was reported & at Marlborough LitFest how historian Max Hastings records its 'epic tragedy'
- Marlborough Rising: Joe Stilgoe closes on Sunday afternoon at The Priory
- Marlborough Rising: Saturday......
- Marlborough Rising Talent: Bright futures await local performers
- Marlborough Is rising: Friday's opening fills the town with music