Arts & Entertainment
The Marlborough Choral Society have announced that Emma Pooley is to be their soprano soloist for their Christmas concert at 7.30pm on Saturday, December 14 in St Mary's Church.
St Peter's Church recitals return for a new series - with pianist Yulia Chaplina playing an all Russian programme
The eighth series of recitals at St Peter's Church under the Brilliant Young International Musicians banner begins on Sunday, October 20 with a recital by the Russian-born and now London-based pianist Yulia Chaplina.
Preview: Exhibition of 'Recent prints from Wiltshire & Italy' - by College's Head of Art Edward Twohig
The next exhibition in the Mount House Gallery is by Edward Twohig (Head of Art, Marlboorugh College) - ‘Recent prints from Wiltshire and Italy’. It opens on Frida,y 31st January. College student Esther Lambert went along for a preview.
Despite the arrival of Storm Brendan on Monday, Movida was packed upstairs for the arrival of London-based punk-pop band, The Big Moon. Playing a short set followed by a signing at Sound Knowledge in order to promote their new album, Walking Like We Do, the band offered a glimpse of their new material and old favourites before heading off on their UK tour supporting Bombay Bicycle Club, which starts on 20 January in Cambridge.
Savernake photographer Nigel Hudson will be exhibiting 'Savernake Light - Photographs from the Forest' at The White Horse Bookshop between 16 October and 2 November.
More Articles ...
- The tenth Marlborough LitFest - a personal diary of events and people: 1: Thursday & Friday
- Exhibition at Marlborough’s LitFest raises awareness of the work of Save the Children in its centenary year
- Opening Day of Marlborough’s LitFest: Big School Read with Geraldine McCaughrean
- Tenth Marlborough LitFest launched with dancing school children dressed as their favourite characters
- Welcome arrival in the Vale of Pewsey: new artist's studio inspired by those of Victorian portrait painters
- Children's LitFest: million-selling children's author David Baddiel answers questions from a young fan
- David White exhibition in London - Osborne Studio Gallery
- The mystical hare in the ancient Wiltshire landscape…a new treasure hunt book
- Marlborough’s LitFest celebrates ten years with a special children’s competition
- Cressida Cowell - children's author, new Children's Laureate, old Marlburian - is coming to LitFest with her very new book
- A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge across England's racecourses
- How about a little dissection on Sunday? At LitFest's WHAT THE PAPERS SAY they'll be dissecting stories great & small, serious & silly - with live cartooning
- Marlborough Rising: Review of Wilding and Flyte at The Town Hall
- Marlborough Rising Talent: an afternoon performance by young local talent - real talents
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NAPOLEON BONAPARTE! Author to present new view of France's onetime Emperor - & long time British bogeyman - at Marlborough LitFest
- From chocolat to strawberries - the rich world of Joanne Harris' best-selling stories
- Aldbourne Band Secure Exciting Conducting Team for British Open and National Finals
- Amy Sackville's vivid story of Velasquez & King Philip IV
- Swindon's Haydon Artists' Society breaks fresh ground - exhibiting at St Peter's Church
- Ian Rankin is coming to Marlborough LitFest: a firm fan of Messrs Rankin & Rebus explains their lasting appeal
- Marlborough LitFest 2019: Thursday's the day tickets go on sale
- Marlborough archaeologist's new book delves into a million years of our history - where does Marlborough fit in?
- An Evening with William Boyd by ‘Nat Tate’
- The Salt Path
- It's arrived! Marlborough LitFest's 10th brochure is published - with a special cover by Chris Riddell
- Alan Johnson: Very humbling, very moving, and very entertaining. The very best of Marlborough Lit Fest
- The prize-winning book 'Wilding' tells the uplifting story of how nature can restore itself
- Terrible weather fails to dilute the varied music styles at the Avebury Rocks Festival
- Simon Russell Beale - LitFest 2016 by Tony Smith
- Marlborough’s LitFest raises awareness of the work of Save the Children in its centenary year