Marlborough Youth Football Club have just announced the two winners of their 'Player of The Year' votes. Reggie Price, who was in last year's U6 squad was voted 'Player of The Year' in the Public vote, whilst Georgia Galley, a member of the MYFC Angels U12 Foxes team won the Club vote.
Marlborough Youth Football Club success and growth has led to the clairman, Stuart Slater caling for more volunteers.
Marlborough Youth Football Club get 'Bags of Help' equipment for the Youth Centre courtesy of Tesco and the Town Council
Tesco Marlborough and the Town Council have come together to provide much-needed new equipment for Marlborough Youth Football Club's site at the Marlborough Community & Youth Centre at Salisbury Road Recreation Ground.
Marlborough Youth Football Club and Marlborough Town FC launch a Defibrillator at their Elcot Lane ground
Last week a new Community Defibrillator was officially launched at the Elcot Lane clubhouse of Marlborough Town FC which is now shared by the Marlborough Youth Football Club. Heart issues for all participating in foorball - playing, training, or even watching is now widely recognised as a potential problem following several high profile incidents and the addition of the defibrillator will offer immediate assistance to anyone suffering a heart attack and increasing the chances of survival and recovery as quick response is one of the key factors.
Marlborough Youth FC ( MYFC) hosted the annual RAMMAR (RAMsbury & MARlborough) tournament against Ramsbury FC in glorious sunshine on Sunday 3 June
Forty four teams totallimng 270 players took part across over eighty matches in what was a feast of football in front of a crowd estimated to be well over five hundred, all enjoying the football and the fine weather. World Cup - move over.....!
MYFC U18's have reached the end of their youth football days! The team has been together since U7’s and for 11 years have progressed through all the successive age groups, now the first MYFC youth squad to have graduated to senior football with MTFC. (As a parting gift they managed an excellent cup run - semi-final of the County Cup - and also won their league!)
Marlborough Youth Football Club have managed to arrange the installation of a second public access defibrillator, this time at the Marlborough Bowls Club with help from Tesco, courtesy of their 'Blue Token' scheme and the Bowls Club.
On Sunday 28 April the final whistle was blown on a twelve year association for Geordie Foster with Marlborough Youth Football Club as he was presented with a unique glass plaque by MYFC vice chair, Jon Evans, a thank you for his dedication and long service to the club.
There were scenes of wiild jubilation recently as Marlborough Youth FC U14 secured their first league championship. Marlborough Youth U14 Mavericks became the North Wilts Youth League Division 2 Champions on Sunday 10 March with a 1- 1 draw away at AFC Newbury.
Pudsey, and Children in Need are better off to the tune of £61.50 thanks to the MYFC Angels turning up to train in their pyjamas for their weekly training session on the Children in Need night.
Marlborough Youth FC added an international dimension to their game last Wednesday, 25 July, when a six-a-side tournament was held featuring seventeen Japanese students from Tokai, Nagoya and thirty-one MYFC players from the U14 and U15 teams.
As MYFC approach the end of the 2017-2018 football season, they are seeking votes for two MYFC Player of the Club awards!
More Articles ...
- MYFC - Angels U11s (The Foxes) runners-up in their first season
- MYFC U9s triumph in North Wilts Cup Final
- MYFC - U18s a team of heroes in spite of narrow loss
- Marlborough Foxes win through to County Cup Final
- Wiltshire Youth Cup - Semi-Final spot achieved by MYFC U18's
- MYFC join exalted football company - now a Nike partner club
- Thanks to all who dropped their Green Token in the MYFC box
- Rick Stein's Marlborough and Crown Water & Coffee unveiled as new kit sponsor for the MYFC U14 and U9 teams
- Marlborough Youth Football Club - now more than 300 players!
- Angels - progress update
- PEWMAR 2018
- ‘Walking back to happiness’ for the over fifties when Walking Football arrives in Marlborough in a couple of weeks
- Two MYFC Players of The Year - one voted by Parents / public and another by the Coaches
- MYFC - Season overview 2016-17
- No, the Rec hasn’t been invaded by Aliens!
- Where Angels dream...... Wembley!
- MYFC U8s runners up in the Cold Ash Festival of Football
- Club Ethos and Working Principles
- MYFC - Trophy Cabinet
- Winning goal for Marlborough Youth Football Club as they sign local business Soft Options Water Softeners as sponsor
- MYFC Angels – shout out for U13-15 players
- About Marlborough Youth Football Club